There is no COVID-19 vaccination requirement for University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign students, staff and faculty. All members of our community are encouraged to get one of the COVID-19 vaccines and the available boosters to maximize protection against the most serious effects of COVID-19.


For additional questions about COVID-19 vaccinations, the Illinois Department of Public Health has compiled a comprehensive list of frequently asked questions.

When should individuals who have recovered from COVID-19 receive a vaccine? Should they wait?

The CDC that says individuals who previously recovered from COVID-19 should still get vaccinated.

Individuals who have recovered from COVID-19 should receive a vaccine as soon as possible. An exception to this guidance, according to the CDC, is that those who have received monoclonal antibodies or convalescent plasma during COVID-19 treatment should wait 90 days before getting the vaccine. If you have received one of these treatments, you should consult with your healthcare provider.

I lost my vaccination record card and need a replacement. What should I do?

If you were vaccinated in the state of Illinois and need a copy of your vaccine record, you should first contact the place where you were vaccinated. If they are unable to supply a sufficient record, you can request a copy of your State of Illinois immunization record be sent to you directly from the Illinois Department of Public Health’s I-CARE system. Complete this records release form and follow all instructions listed at the top of the form to submit to IDPH. You can also access your records through IDPH’s immunization portal, Vax Verify.

What should I do if I am fully vaccinated but experience COVID-19-like symptoms?

The CDC recommends that fully vaccinated individuals who experience COVID-19-like symptoms get tested for COVID-19 as soon as possible.