New quarantine guidelines
The University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign is changing quarantine policies for faculty, staff and students based on new guidance from the Champaign-Urbana Public Health District (CUPHD):
- Quarantine timeframe will now be seven days, with an exit test on day seven.
- Students, faculty and staff who Champaign-Urbana Public Health District determine to have been exposed to someone who has tested positive, will be placed in quarantine for a mandatory seven-day period. (Previously, it was a mandatory 14-day period.)
- Individuals placed in quarantine should be tested again for COVID-19 on Day 7. (Previously, it was suggested to test on Day 5 of quarantine.)
- If someone does not have symptoms and receives negative results on Day 7, their quarantine will end after they provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test to CUPHD. CUPHD will then release the individual from quarantine. Please note it could take up to 48 hours for your building access status to be updated in the Safer Illinois app and the Boarding Pass.
- If individuals do not test before Day 10, they will be released on Day 10.
- Isolation timeframe guidelines will stay the same.
For more information about quarantine, visit the Quarantine and Isolation page.