Cancellation of university-sponsored events in July
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is extending its cancellation of in-person university-sponsored summer events through July 31. All university-sponsored events must either be cancelled, rescheduled or delivered in an online or remote format.
Additionally, as previously announced, the university will follow a phased approach to decisions about the status of events through the rest of the summer and into the fall semester. That schedule is as follows:
- Announced May 1: All university sponsored events between May 1 and July 5 are cancelled or must be delivered in an online or remote format.
- Announced June 1: All university sponsored events between July 6 and July 31 are cancelled or must be delivered in an online or remote format.
- July 1: University guidance will be announced for events between Aug. 1 – Aug. 15.
- July 15: University guidance will be announced for events between Aug. 16 – Aug. 31.
- August 1: University guidance will be announced for events between Sept. 1 – Sept. 30.
We define summer events as organized activities sponsored by the university and/or held in university facilities that involve gatherings of small to large groups of people. Examples would include conferences, institutes, weddings, clinics and concerts.
The health and safety of our students, faculty, staff and the community in which live continues to be our top priority. All of our decisions related to summer and fall events will continue to be guided by the directives from the State of Illinois and advice of our local public health officials.
MICHAEL T. DELORENZO
Senior Associate Chancellor for Administration and Operations