The spread of the COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) continues to create uncertainty and concern both globally and here in our community. The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign continues to monitor developments and to take any new actions that are warranted as new information emerges in this rapidly changing situation. Our campus medical staff is in constant contact with local, state and national public health officials to take necessary precautions and to share critical and accurate new information as we learn of it. We are also working closely with local and regional emergency planners to ensure we are prepared to respond quickly and effectively until the spread of the COVID-19 is controlled. We are developing plans to both protect the safety and health of our campus community as well as to ensure continuity of our business and academic operations.
This page is intended to be a central starting point for information and updates about the impact of the COVID-19 virus on our university. We hope these resources and links will answer questions you might have and connect you to the departments and units where you will find more detailed information about any specific concerns you might have.
Coming Together at Illinois
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there any cases of COVID-19 on campus or in the surrounding community?
With public health officials continuing to tell us to expect the number of cases in our community to rise regularly in the coming weeks we will be unable to accurately maintain a count on our university website. Champaign-Urbana Public Health District posts daily updates on their own site with case information that can be found here.
We will continue to post information about any cases with connections to faculty, students or staff on campus as allowed by state and federal privacy regulations.
- March 15: confirmed case in local community, no campus affiliation
- March 21: First confirmed cases in university community
You can find the answers to more questions on our Frequently Asked Questions page.
For questions about university housing
Phone: +1 217-333-7111
For questions about student and academic life
Phone: +1 217-333-1300
For undergraduate admissions questions
Phone: +1 217-333-0302
For graduate student questions
Phone: +1 217-333-0035
For university employment questions
Phone: +1 217-333-7466
If you can’t find the information you’re looking for or you have further questions, contact the university by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
A number of university websites have more detailed information about how the university is responding to specific COVID-19 related issues:
- Keep Teaching: A university resource to help instructors with online course delivery
- Keep Learning: A university resource to help students transition to online learning
- Technology Services information for IT support and resources
- More information for graduate students and postdoctoral fellows
- More information about undergraduate admissions
- More information for students living in university housing
- More information for international students studying at the University of Illinois
- More information for students studying abroad
- More information for university employees