The State of Illinois is now in Phase 5 of the Restore Illinois plan.
- All university students, faculty, staff and visitors must wear a face covering in university spaces indoors, regardless of vaccination status.
- Signage with these expectations should be posted at the entrance to events and be included in registration information.
- There are no COVID-19 vaccination/testing requirements for visitors. However, visitors from outside the campus community are encouraged to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 if they are able to do so. If visitors are unvaccinated, they are welcome to utilize the SHIELD CU testing program.
- There are no social distancing or capacity restrictions at this time.
- Social distancing is not required by those who are unvaccinated in university facilities, but it can be recommended by departments and units when it is possible to do so.
- If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.
Is eating or drinking allowed in university facilities? What about the face covering requirement?
Eating and/or drinking is allowed in university facilities. Removing a face covering when in university spaces or at university events is permitted when actively eating or drinking. Event organizers should use their best judgement to maximize safety protocols when food or drink is being offered. For example, when possible, consider providing pre-packaged meals (instead of self-serve buffet meals) and consider having people sit (instead of walking around) when eating.